- FEMA Overview
- Inbound Investment- FDI in India
- FDI in Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP)
- Outbound Investment- Overseas Direct Investment
- Remittance facilities for Resident Individuals under the Liberalised Remittance (LRS) Scheme
- Compounding of Contraventions under FEMA
- Representing FEMA contraventions before Enforcement Directorate (ED)
- External Commercial Borrowings
- Investments by Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
- FEMA Audit
FDI in Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP)
Persons resident outside India or an entity incorporated outside India is now allowed to make FDI in a LLP in India under automatic route. FDI is permitted under automatic route in LLPs operating in sectors/activities where 100% FDI is allowed under the automatic route and where there are no FDI linked performance conditions.
Investing in LLPs is new avenue of investment coming up as structure of LLPs is less compliance oriented as compared to companies. Further, share of profit is exempt from income tax and can be easily withdrawn.
FDI in LLP can be made either through capital contribution or by way of acquisition/transfer of profit shares in the capital structure of LLP.
NRI/OCI can also consider investing in LLP on non repatriation basis. Such Non repatriation investment will have no FEMA compliance. There is still a possibility of repatriating profit or capital not under FDI route but under other provisions of FEMA.
Our service offering in this segment includes advising and assisting on selection of LLP as a structure, advice on Foreign Exchange Regulations (FEMA) and Corporate Laws. The Firm also provides compliance services like filing of Form LLP I, LLP II, Return of foreign liabilities & assets (FLA), etc.