- FEMA Overview
- Inbound Investment- FDI in India
- FDI in Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP)
- Outbound Investment- Overseas Direct Investment
- Remittance facilities for Resident Individuals under the Liberalised Remittance (LRS) Scheme
- Compounding of Contraventions under FEMA
- Representing FEMA contraventions before Enforcement Directorate (ED)
- External Commercial Borrowings
- Investments by Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
- FEMA Audit
Representing FEMA contraventions before Enforcement Directorate (ED)
If one misses the opportunity of compounding under FEMA the matter gets referred to ED. It is always advisable to opt for compounding as fees under compounding are quite low as compared to penalty prescribed under FEMA. There are many situations where due to communication gap, change in email id etc., the opportunity of compounding gets missed and in such case there is no option but to undergo proceedings before ED as RBI would have referred the matter to ED. Contraventions in respect of export-import trade related transactions are more likely to be referred to ED.
The firm offers representation services before ED, preparing submissions and raising defences to minimise penalty.